16 September 2012. The anti-corruption bureau (ACB) arrested GK Raval, a class II commercial tax official accepting a bribe of Rs 2,500,000 (US$ 49,000).ACB laid the trap to snare Raval after Bharat Patel, proprietor of Techno Industries Ltd, approached ACB four days ago. Raval had slapped a notice on Patel for Rs 1.66 crore ‘Labour VAT dues’ that had not been paid. He referred to judgments of several courts and summoned Patel with the demand that he pay the pending Labor VAT dues.After much haggling and with the help of a mediator, Patel was told to opt for the middle path and cough up Rs 7,500,000 as bribe. Finally, a deal was clinched for Rs 45 lakh and the first instalment was to be paid on Saturday evening near the Gandhigram railway station.ADGP (ACB), Chitranjan Singh, said this was probably the first operation where ACB had nabbed a senior officer with such an amount of bribe money.
November 21, 2012
July 18, 2016
August 1, 2012
July 18, 2012
- Global: Will blockchain technology help in combating corruption?
12 January 2018 A blockchain, is simply a collection of records, called blocks, like records in a database table, or entries in a ledger. A […]
- Saudi Arabia: Crackdown on corruption or consolidation of power?
Update 27 December 2017 The Saudi prosecutors have released 23 more people from detention in the Ritz-Carlton hotel. Okaz newspaper reported that they had reached […]
- Brazil: Ex-Presidents da Silva and Rousseff charged of corruption
7 September 2017 Brazil’s former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva has just completed his 25-city campaign trip through his party’s strongholds in the northeast. […]
- Is there corruption in pharmaceutical industry?
16 January 2017 The picture above shows Victoria Hale who founded the first nonprofit pharmaceutical company, The Institute for OneWorld Health, in San Francisco, California […]
- Singapore: Lee Kuan Yew’s fight against corruption
31 March 2015 Lee Kuan Yew is no more. He will be remembered by many for many reasons. Today corruption.net is looking at why he […]
Most Shared Posts
- 17 June 2016 Tough talking President elect Rodrigo Duterte told his in
- 16 January 2017 The picture above shows Victoria Hale who founded the
- 5 April 2017 Professor Bolaji Owosanoye, the Executive Secretary of Ni
- 15 January 2018 Thailand’s parliament passed a law that makes it an
- 8 May 2015 Delhi Police Commissioner Bhim Sain Bassi has ordered 3 top
- 30 September 2016 The former Communist Party secretary of the southern
- 8 February 2017 Xiao Jianhua was a Chinese-born Canadian billionaire b
- 19 May 2017 Calls for President Michel Temer to stepdown escalated aft
- 15 February 2018 Jacob Zuma agreed to step down as president after bat