16 September 2012. The anti-corruption bureau (ACB) arrested GK Raval, a class II commercial tax official accepting a bribe of Rs 2,500,000 (US$ 49,000).ACB laid the trap to snare Raval after Bharat Patel, proprietor of Techno Industries Ltd, approached ACB four days ago. Raval had slapped a notice on Patel for Rs 1.66 crore ‘Labour VAT dues’ that had not been paid. He referred to judgments of several courts and summoned Patel with the demand that he pay the pending Labor VAT dues.After much haggling and with the help of a mediator, Patel was told to opt for the middle path and cough up Rs 7,500,000 as bribe. Finally, a deal was clinched for Rs 45 lakh and the first instalment was to be paid on Saturday evening near the Gandhigram railway station.ADGP (ACB), Chitranjan Singh, said this was probably the first operation where ACB had nabbed a senior officer with such an amount of bribe money.
February 13, 2017
February 11, 2015
June 28, 2012
- Malaysia: Election results is a lesson on corruption.
16 May 2018 For the first time in 60 years, Malaysia’s ruling coalition, Barisan Nasional (BN), lost power in a general election. Mahathir who institutionalized […]
- Global: Will blockchain technology help in combating corruption?
12 January 2018 A blockchain, is simply a collection of records, called blocks, like records in a database table, or entries in a ledger. A […]
- Saudi Arabia: Crackdown on corruption or consolidation of power?
Update 27 December 2017 The Saudi prosecutors have released 23 more people from detention in the Ritz-Carlton hotel. Okaz newspaper reported that they had reached […]
- Brazil: Ex-Presidents da Silva and Rousseff charged of corruption
7 September 2017 Brazil’s former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva has just completed his 25-city campaign trip through his party’s strongholds in the northeast. […]
- Is there corruption in pharmaceutical industry?
16 January 2017 The picture above shows Victoria Hale who founded the first nonprofit pharmaceutical company, The Institute for OneWorld Health, in San Francisco, California […]
- Singapore: Lee Kuan Yew’s fight against corruption
31 March 2015 Lee Kuan Yew is no more. He will be remembered by many for many reasons. Today corruption.net is looking at why he […]
Most Shared Posts
- 31 May 2015 Transparency Minister Fabiano Silveira resigned. TV Globo
- 9 December 2016 The National Assembly passed a motion to impeach Presi
- 14 March 2017 Last December, former President, Park Geun-hye, was impe
- 27 December 2017 KOM agreed to pay a huge fine of US$422.2 million (S$
- 16 March 2018 Eberhard Reichert, a 78-year-old German citizen, pleaded
- 11 July 2018 It is startling to hear Malaysian Prime Minister Dr Mahat
- 6 September 2016 Al Jazeera has announced the release of a documentary
- UPDATE 31 March 2017 Former Montreal mayor Michael Applebaum was sente
- 13 April 2017. Last night Supreme Court Justice Edson Fachin authorize