16 September 2012. The anti-corruption bureau (ACB) arrested GK Raval, a class II commercial tax official accepting a bribe of Rs 2,500,000 (US$ 49,000).ACB laid the trap to snare Raval after Bharat Patel, proprietor of Techno Industries Ltd, approached ACB four days ago. Raval had slapped a notice on Patel for Rs 1.66 crore ‘Labour VAT dues’ that had not been paid. He referred to judgments of several courts and summoned Patel with the demand that he pay the pending Labor VAT dues.After much haggling and with the help of a mediator, Patel was told to opt for the middle path and cough up Rs 7,500,000 as bribe. Finally, a deal was clinched for Rs 45 lakh and the first instalment was to be paid on Saturday evening near the Gandhigram railway station.ADGP (ACB), Chitranjan Singh, said this was probably the first operation where ACB had nabbed a senior officer with such an amount of bribe money.
January 5, 2012
July 26, 2013
February 20, 2013
- Global: Will blockchain technology help in combating corruption?
12 January 2018 A blockchain, is simply a collection of records, called blocks, like records in a database table, or entries in a ledger. A […]
- Saudi Arabia: Crackdown on corruption or consolidation of power?
Update 27 December 2017 The Saudi prosecutors have released 23 more people from detention in the Ritz-Carlton hotel. Okaz newspaper reported that they had reached […]
- Brazil: Ex-Presidents da Silva and Rousseff charged of corruption
7 September 2017 Brazil’s former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva has just completed his 25-city campaign trip through his party’s strongholds in the northeast. […]
- Is there corruption in pharmaceutical industry?
16 January 2017 The picture above shows Victoria Hale who founded the first nonprofit pharmaceutical company, The Institute for OneWorld Health, in San Francisco, California […]
- Singapore: Lee Kuan Yew’s fight against corruption
31 March 2015 Lee Kuan Yew is no more. He will be remembered by many for many reasons. Today corruption.net is looking at why he […]
Most Shared Posts
- 5 July 2016 Judicial Service Commission is responsible for the appoint
- 17 January 2017 Rolls-Royce has agreed to pay £671million to Britain,
- 7 April 2017. The UK National Crime Agency (NCA) has been investigatin
- 23 January 2018 The Saudi prosecutors have released more people from d
- 12 April 2018 The FBI agents who raided the office of President Donald
- Malaysian govrnment has ordered the suspension of ‘The Edge Fina
- 3 October 2016 BJP President Amit Shah claimed that the Indian g
- 10 February 2017 “There is corruption in the Vatican,” the
- 24 May 2017 Former coal secretary H C Gupta and IAS officers, K S Krop