25 March 2014. Indian Supreme Court has asked N.Srinivasan, the head of Board of Control for Cricket in India to step down so that a fair enquiry can be held on illegal betting during last year’s Indian Premier League in which his son-in law, Gurunath Meiyappan, has been indicted. A Supreme Court appointed 3 member panel, headed by former Punjab and Haryana high court chief justice Mudgal, to enquire into the allegations have submitted its report of 170 pages to the Supreme Court. The panel had said that further investigations are necessary in respect of the allegations against Meiyappan and Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra. Mudgal also pointed out that BCCI failed to comply with its own Anti-Corruption Code for Participants. Mudhal said that the allegations of betting and passing information against Meiyappan “stand proved”. The scandal broke out when former test bowler Shanthakumaran Sreesanth and two other local cricketers were charged with match fixing. BBCI banned Sreesanth for life. According to local media Meiyappan was the Chief Executive of the Chennai Super Kings. India Cements owns Chennai Super Kings and the franchise for IPL said that Meiyappan was only a member of the management team. India Cements is owned by Srinivasan. The investigations have appeared at a wrong time for N.Srinivasan as he was about to take over as chairman of the International Cricket Council board in July.
January 25, 2012
September 1, 2016
- Malaysia: Election results is a lesson on corruption.
16 May 2018 For the first time in 60 years, Malaysia’s ruling coalition, Barisan Nasional (BN), lost power in a general election. Mahathir who institutionalized […]
- Global: Will blockchain technology help in combating corruption?
12 January 2018 A blockchain, is simply a collection of records, called blocks, like records in a database table, or entries in a ledger. A […]
- Saudi Arabia: Crackdown on corruption or consolidation of power?
Update 27 December 2017 The Saudi prosecutors have released 23 more people from detention in the Ritz-Carlton hotel. Okaz newspaper reported that they had reached […]
- Brazil: Ex-Presidents da Silva and Rousseff charged of corruption
7 September 2017 Brazil’s former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva has just completed his 25-city campaign trip through his party’s strongholds in the northeast. […]
- Is there corruption in pharmaceutical industry?
16 January 2017 The picture above shows Victoria Hale who founded the first nonprofit pharmaceutical company, The Institute for OneWorld Health, in San Francisco, California […]
- Singapore: Lee Kuan Yew’s fight against corruption
31 March 2015 Lee Kuan Yew is no more. He will be remembered by many for many reasons. Today corruption.net is looking at why he […]
Most Shared Posts
- 12 July 2016 Florida’s Fifth Congressional District representative C
- 6 January 2017 Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) arrested Da
- 30 March 2017 Former governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Ju
- 12 January 2018 A blockchain, is simply a collection of records, calle
- 9 April 2018 Former South Korean president Lee Myung-bak was indicted
- 9 September 2018 Datuk Hasanah Abdul Hamid, Former Malaysian External
- Update 28 October 2018 Former union BJP ministers Yashwant Sinha and A
- Ding Kung-Wha, Chairman of Financial Supervisory Commission, resigned
- 8 February 2017 German police and prosecutors are investigating possib