27 April 2010. A man in Thaa Atoll Dhiyamigili has filed a case with the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) against the island councilor Adnan Ali, for reportedly leading a funeral prayer. The funeral prayer was a Salaat-ul-Janazah bil Ghaib [Funeral Prayer in the absence of the dead body] which is disputed among the scholars. An official at the island office told Minivan News that the councilor was not certified to lead the funeral prayer. ”Funeral prayers are always led by the Imam or island chiefs who are certified by the Islamic Ministry,” he said. ”One of the men was a man of our Island and the other man was his friend from another island,” the official said. State minister for Islam Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed said that there was no certain regulation on the matter. ”If no certified person is available it is all right for anyone to do [lead funeral prayers],” Shaheem said. ”We have sent new rules and regulations to the Attorney General, which will include such issues.”
October 5, 2016
May 6, 2013
September 10, 2014
- Malaysia: Election results is a lesson on corruption.
16 May 2018 For the first time in 60 years, Malaysia’s ruling coalition, Barisan Nasional (BN), lost power in a general election. Mahathir who institutionalized […]
- Global: Will blockchain technology help in combating corruption?
12 January 2018 A blockchain, is simply a collection of records, called blocks, like records in a database table, or entries in a ledger. A […]
- Saudi Arabia: Crackdown on corruption or consolidation of power?
Update 27 December 2017 The Saudi prosecutors have released 23 more people from detention in the Ritz-Carlton hotel. Okaz newspaper reported that they had reached […]
- Brazil: Ex-Presidents da Silva and Rousseff charged of corruption
7 September 2017 Brazil’s former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva has just completed his 25-city campaign trip through his party’s strongholds in the northeast. […]
- Is there corruption in pharmaceutical industry?
16 January 2017 The picture above shows Victoria Hale who founded the first nonprofit pharmaceutical company, The Institute for OneWorld Health, in San Francisco, California […]
- Singapore: Lee Kuan Yew’s fight against corruption
31 March 2015 Lee Kuan Yew is no more. He will be remembered by many for many reasons. Today corruption.net is looking at why he […]
Most Shared Posts
- 6 September 2016 Al Jazeera has announced the release of a documentary
- 26 January 2017 Transparency International (TI) has released the Corru
- 10 April 2017 Italian anti-corruption prosecutors have charged Shell,
- 28 January 2018 Since Senate released the lobbying expenditure, pert
- 22 April 2018 In 2016 government sold state-owned land to the educat
- 14 September 2018 Guatemala’s president Jimmy Morales has decided to
- 10 November 2018 A court in the Philippines found Imelda Marcos (pictu
- 4 January 2019 Casey Moreland, 60, a Nashville judge, was sentenced to
- 4 November 2016 Prosecution has named Yeo Jiawei as the master mind be