27 April 2010. A man in Thaa Atoll Dhiyamigili has filed a case with the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) against the island councilor Adnan Ali, for reportedly leading a funeral prayer. The funeral prayer was a Salaat-ul-Janazah bil Ghaib [Funeral Prayer in the absence of the dead body] which is disputed among the scholars. An official at the island office told Minivan News that the councilor was not certified to lead the funeral prayer. ”Funeral prayers are always led by the Imam or island chiefs who are certified by the Islamic Ministry,” he said. ”One of the men was a man of our Island and the other man was his friend from another island,” the official said. State minister for Islam Sheikh Mohamed Shaheem Ali Saeed said that there was no certain regulation on the matter. ”If no certified person is available it is all right for anyone to do [lead funeral prayers],” Shaheem said. ”We have sent new rules and regulations to the Attorney General, which will include such issues.”
July 3, 2012
April 28, 2012
November 24, 2014
- Malaysia: Election results is a lesson on corruption.
16 May 2018 For the first time in 60 years, Malaysia’s ruling coalition, Barisan Nasional (BN), lost power in a general election. Mahathir who institutionalized […]
- Global: Will blockchain technology help in combating corruption?
12 January 2018 A blockchain, is simply a collection of records, called blocks, like records in a database table, or entries in a ledger. A […]
- Saudi Arabia: Crackdown on corruption or consolidation of power?
Update 27 December 2017 The Saudi prosecutors have released 23 more people from detention in the Ritz-Carlton hotel. Okaz newspaper reported that they had reached […]
- Brazil: Ex-Presidents da Silva and Rousseff charged of corruption
7 September 2017 Brazil’s former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva has just completed his 25-city campaign trip through his party’s strongholds in the northeast. […]
- Is there corruption in pharmaceutical industry?
16 January 2017 The picture above shows Victoria Hale who founded the first nonprofit pharmaceutical company, The Institute for OneWorld Health, in San Francisco, California […]
- Singapore: Lee Kuan Yew’s fight against corruption
31 March 2015 Lee Kuan Yew is no more. He will be remembered by many for many reasons. Today corruption.net is looking at why he […]
Most Shared Posts
- 17 June 2016 Tough talking President elect Rodrigo Duterte told his in
- 6 January 2017 Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) arrested Da
- 30 March 2017 Former governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Ju
- 12 January 2018 A blockchain, is simply a collection of records, calle
- 9 April 2018 Former South Korean president Lee Myung-bak was indicted
- 1 July 2015 It would appear that the clean image of Modi government is
- 29 September 2016 The Telegraph has been conducting a 10-month underco
- 8 February 2017 German police and prosecutors are investigating possib
- 12 May 2017 Anti-graft officers on Monday arrested an immigration offi