5 April 2010. The Prosecutor General’s office has returned cases against former government ministers forwarded several weeks ago by former Auditor General Ibrahim Naeem. Deputy Prosecutor General Hussain Shameem said the cases was returned to the Auditor General’s Office “because they were not investigated sufficiently.” Shameem said they should have been “properly investigated” by the Auditor General’s Office before being sent to the PG’s Office. Press Secretary for the President’s Office Mohamed Zuhair said the former Auditor General “did not make up this case on his own or without collecting information. He would have sent these cases to the PG after working with a team.” Zuhair said parliament’s no-confidence decision on Naeem did not mean that the whole Audit office was corrupt.
February 19, 2018
June 20, 2012
March 19, 2013
- Malaysia: Election results is a lesson on corruption.
16 May 2018 For the first time in 60 years, Malaysia’s ruling coalition, Barisan Nasional (BN), lost power in a general election. Mahathir who institutionalized […]
- Global: Will blockchain technology help in combating corruption?
12 January 2018 A blockchain, is simply a collection of records, called blocks, like records in a database table, or entries in a ledger. A […]
- Saudi Arabia: Crackdown on corruption or consolidation of power?
Update 27 December 2017 The Saudi prosecutors have released 23 more people from detention in the Ritz-Carlton hotel. Okaz newspaper reported that they had reached […]
- Brazil: Ex-Presidents da Silva and Rousseff charged of corruption
7 September 2017 Brazil’s former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva has just completed his 25-city campaign trip through his party’s strongholds in the northeast. […]
- Is there corruption in pharmaceutical industry?
16 January 2017 The picture above shows Victoria Hale who founded the first nonprofit pharmaceutical company, The Institute for OneWorld Health, in San Francisco, California […]
- Singapore: Lee Kuan Yew’s fight against corruption
31 March 2015 Lee Kuan Yew is no more. He will be remembered by many for many reasons. Today corruption.net is looking at why he […]
Most Shared Posts
- 10 November 2016 The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) of Maldives, sto
- 13 February 2017 Jurgen Mossack and Ramon Fonseca, the founders of Mos
- 7 September 2017 Luisa Ortega was appointed to the post of chief prose
- 19 February 2018 People’s Majlis met today, Monday, on an “extraor
- 13 June 2018 Former Plateau State governor, Joshua Dariye, has been se
- 5 October 2018 South Korea’s former President Lee Myung-bak was
- 7 June 2015 Former president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, has stated that h
- 12 December 2016 T&T Law founder and managing partner Rohit Tandon
- 15 March 2017 Yesterday the Justice Department revealed a fresh indict