31 March 2015 Lee Kuan Yew is no more. He will be remembered by many for many reasons. Today corruption.net is looking at why he will be remembered for his relentless fight against ant-corruption. In October 1951, a large shipment of opium was hijacked by thieves from the port town of Punggol, in north-east Singapore. British authorities investigated and found that the thieves included several high ranking officers of the Singapore Police Force. In the aftermath of the scandal, the British colonial government set up the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) in 1952 and sited in the Attorney-General’s Chambers....Read More
Search Results for: node/Tey Tsun Hang
- Global: Will blockchain technology help in combating corruption?
12 January 2018 A blockchain, is simply a collection of records, called blocks, like records in a database table, or entries in a ledger. A […]
- Saudi Arabia: Crackdown on corruption or consolidation of power?
Update 27 December 2017 The Saudi prosecutors have released 23 more people from detention in the Ritz-Carlton hotel. Okaz newspaper reported that they had reached […]
- Brazil: Ex-Presidents da Silva and Rousseff charged of corruption
7 September 2017 Brazil’s former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva has just completed his 25-city campaign trip through his party’s strongholds in the northeast. […]
- Is there corruption in pharmaceutical industry?
16 January 2017 The picture above shows Victoria Hale who founded the first nonprofit pharmaceutical company, The Institute for OneWorld Health, in San Francisco, California […]
- Singapore: Lee Kuan Yew’s fight against corruption
31 March 2015 Lee Kuan Yew is no more. He will be remembered by many for many reasons. Today corruption.net is looking at why he […]
Most Shared Posts
- 7 June 2015 Former president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, has stated that h
- 6 January 2017 Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) arrested Da
- 30 March 2017 Former governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Ju
- 12 January 2018 A blockchain, is simply a collection of records, calle
- 5 April 2015 An anti-corruption lawyer appointed by the new government
- 29 September 2016 The Telegraph has been conducting a 10-month underco
- 8 February 2017 German police and prosecutors are investigating possib
- 12 May 2017 Anti-graft officers on Monday arrested an immigration offi
- Update 12 February 2018 Zia’s elder son, Tarique Rahman, was sen