4 December 2009. Funds were disproportionately allocated for public sector investment programme (PSIP) in next year’s budget for constituencies represented by MPs of the opposition Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party-People’s Alliance (DRP-PA), Mulaku MP Abdullah Yamin said at parliament yesterday. MPs of the ruling Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) defended the budget, arguing development projects would be undertaken under public-private partnerships (PPP)s. Presenting the budget last month, Finance Minister Ali Hashim said the budget had the confidence of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Further, the budget for parliament was 16 per cent smaller than this year. Kendhoo MP Ahmed Thasmeen Ali criticised the government for unilaterally reducing salaries for staff at independent institutions in next year’s budget. In the judiciary, the budget for the Supreme Court was lower by 33 per cent, the High Court by 42 per cent and island courts by 20 per cent.
April 20, 2012
April 11, 2012
February 16, 2012
- Saudi Arabia: Crackdown on corruption or consolidation of power?
Update 14 December 2017 In a televised speech yesterday (Wednesday) to the country’s consultative Shura council, Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdulaziz said that his […]
- Brazil: Ex-Presidents da Silva and Rousseff charged of corruption
7 September 2017 Brazil’s former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva has just completed his 25-city campaign trip through his party’s strongholds in the northeast. […]
- Is there corruption in pharmaceutical industry?
16 January 2017 The picture above shows Victoria Hale who founded the first nonprofit pharmaceutical company, The Institute for OneWorld Health, in San Francisco, California […]
- Singapore: Lee Kuan Yew’s fight against corruption
31 March 2015 Lee Kuan Yew is no more. He will be remembered by many for many reasons. Today corruption.net is looking at why he […]
Most Shared Posts
- 1 July 2015 It would appear that the clean image of Modi government is
- UPDATE 31 March 2017 Eduardo Cunha was the Speaker of the lower house
- 13 February 2017 Jurgen Mossack and Ramon Fonseca, the founders of Mos
- 7 September 2017 Luisa Ortega was appointed to the post of chief prose
- 5 November 2015 Italian journalists have released two books depicting
- 9 December 2016 The National Assembly passed a motion to impeach Presi
- 15 March 2017 Yesterday the Justice Department revealed a fresh indict
- 2 March 2015 On Sunday the Sri Lankan government said that it has soug
- 12 July 2016 Johnson Controls (JCI.N), a Milwaukee-based company, agre