4 December 2009. Funds were disproportionately allocated for public sector investment programme (PSIP) in next year’s budget for constituencies represented by MPs of the opposition Dhivehi Rayyithunge Party-People’s Alliance (DRP-PA), Mulaku MP Abdullah Yamin said at parliament yesterday. MPs of the ruling Maldivian Democratic Party (MDP) defended the budget, arguing development projects would be undertaken under public-private partnerships (PPP)s. Presenting the budget last month, Finance Minister Ali Hashim said the budget had the confidence of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Further, the budget for parliament was 16 per cent smaller than this year. Kendhoo MP Ahmed Thasmeen Ali criticised the government for unilaterally reducing salaries for staff at independent institutions in next year’s budget. In the judiciary, the budget for the Supreme Court was lower by 33 per cent, the High Court by 42 per cent and island courts by 20 per cent.
February 10, 2012
February 11, 2015
June 3, 2012
- Global: Will blockchain technology help in combating corruption?
12 January 2018 A blockchain, is simply a collection of records, called blocks, like records in a database table, or entries in a ledger. A […]
- Saudi Arabia: Crackdown on corruption or consolidation of power?
Update 27 December 2017 The Saudi prosecutors have released 23 more people from detention in the Ritz-Carlton hotel. Okaz newspaper reported that they had reached […]
- Brazil: Ex-Presidents da Silva and Rousseff charged of corruption
7 September 2017 Brazil’s former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva has just completed his 25-city campaign trip through his party’s strongholds in the northeast. […]
- Is there corruption in pharmaceutical industry?
16 January 2017 The picture above shows Victoria Hale who founded the first nonprofit pharmaceutical company, The Institute for OneWorld Health, in San Francisco, California […]
- Singapore: Lee Kuan Yew’s fight against corruption
31 March 2015 Lee Kuan Yew is no more. He will be remembered by many for many reasons. Today corruption.net is looking at why he […]
Most Shared Posts
- 17 August 2015 Alleged crime gang of four men, known as “the Irish B
- 10 November 2016 The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) of Maldives, sto
- 14 February 2017 Romania’s parliament on Monday endorsed a president
- 27 September 2017 In the early days people played sport for fun. Later
- 20 February 2018 A Chinese naval force consisting of one modern destro
- 3 March 2016 VimpelCom Ltd., a global telecommunications services prov
- 28 December 2016 Former Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirc
- 21 March 2017 Brazilian police have uncovered a scandal in the meat in
- 7 January 2018 After the fall of Robert Mugabe’s dictatorship, t